Responsible for all project related accounting functions across single or multiple projects. Provide oversight to accountants on day-to-day activities. Coordinate with project team, accounting staff and senior leadership to ensure all accounting related responsibilities are approached with a focus on efficiency, timeliness and accuracy. Maintain compliance with all internal and external accounting standards and relative policies and procedures.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the review, verification and processing of all subcontractor and general condition related payments.
- Work with project team to ensure timely and accurate submission of construction billings on multiple projects.
- Communicate with project team, vendors, subcontractors and external parties to manage job cost requests/requirements, including waivers of lien, insurance, certified payrolls and any additional contractually required documents necessary to invoice clients or pay vendors.
- Oversee accounts receivable tracking and reporting.
- Demonstrate and maintain subject-matter expertise on software and EDP systems (i.e. CMiC,, Textura). Provide training to project teams.
- Ensure punctual posting of all costs; via timely posting of all subcontract and vendor costs incurred on time each month.
- Review accuracy of all Change Orders prior to submission to clients along with final responsibility for ensuring all approved Change Orders are posted and therefore represented in the monthly requisition process in a timely manner.
- Oversee the tracking and providing of financial and insurance documentation required for owner required insurance programs, certification processes, audits, and other programs.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in construction accounting and cost controls required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of CMIC and Textura preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to be tactful, influential and diplomatic when dealing with clients, subcontractors and co-workers
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction including: safety, risk mitigation and control methods, operational means and methods and technology