The UAG Scheduler shall understand how complicated systems go together in order to properly sequence detailed activities and to creatively re-sequence a schedule when conflicts arise. The successful candidate shall possess full working knowledge of construction scheduling from pre-development through construction closeout. The Scheduler will work in close cooperation with SVP, Project Executives, and Project Teams in order to develop, maintain, and update project schedules, but shall develop and uphold uniform and consistent scheduling tactics across all UAG projects. The Scheduler shall be actively involved in identifying, addressing, and mitigating schedule delays and risks. The Schedule will also provide all required delay analysis to facilitate UAG change order negotiations, as well as project and subcontractor closeout. The Scheduler shall be an integral part of UAG project performance and success and shall include the following specific skills and responsibilities:
- Proficient in Primavera P6 scheduling including knowledge of and experience in Resource Loading, Cost loading, Varian reports, etc.4-D: Integrating schedule with BIM models.
- The ability to draft high quality schedule narratives, respond to schedule comments, and succinctly write executive summaries. This candidate shall be expected to interact at both the UAG project level as well as directly with UAG Clients.
- The ability to analyze resequencing and/or acceleration options (multiple shifts, Weekday OT, Weekend OT) to recommend the best cost option and offsetting against risks with different approaches.
- Provide Support Claims analysis as need,
- Evaluate field production tracking and micro-scheduling.
- Schedule in Design/Build or IPD environment
- Develop and maintain consistent schedule logic and continuity across all UAG projects.
- Outline, track, and monitor project path to start, including pre-development activities, pre-constructions, design development, procurement, permitting and approvals, etc.
- Work with SVP, Preconstruction Manager, Project Executive, and Project Team to provide working schedules at time of RFP.
- Work with Project Executive and Project Team to provide monthly schedule updates of all active projects.
- Experience developing and maintaining GMP schedules and shall be fully versed in analyzing, outlining, and mitigating inherent project scheduling risks.
- Complete understanding of schedule cause and effect and the ability to fluently interpret, address, and analyze delay and risk mitigation tactics on their own in order to provide proactive schedule assessment.
- Integrate P6 schedule baselines and monthly updates into SmartPM and work with all team to actively update and maintain comprehensive schedule integrity.
- Develop a full working knowledge of SmartPM tools and applications.
- Attend Project Meetings to support schedule updates and analysis as needed.
- Provide corporate level schedule performance reporting including developing and analyzing performance metrics.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficient in 3-D BIM applications and AutoCAD.
- Develop and maintain project logistics plans.
5-10 years of work experience, construction industry experience preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred
Detail Oriented with excellent organization and communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft and/or P6
Strong analytical and accounting skills. Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. Excellent verbal, written communications, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty. Attention to deadline is critical.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.