The Purchasing Agent will fully manage procurement on multiple projects from purchasing planning through contract execution. Candidates should be able to work autonomously and should have an intermediate proficiency level in assessing risk, negotiating contracts, organizing procurement, and should effectively work with project teams.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Fully manage the entire procurement process from start to finish.
- Work closely with Project Teams, Executive Teams, and Accounting before, during, and after awards.
- Curate responsible bid lists and ensure short-listed bidders are qualified, responsive, responsible, and that bids are level.
- Manage on-going project procurement planning.
- Analyze Subcontractor risk and recommend risk mitigation measures.
- Review Subcontractor insurance coverage for compliance.
- Negotiate Subcontracts and, supervise awards, and supervise contract administration.
- 3+ years of experience in construction estimating or purchasing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of accounting and financial analysis preferred
- Intermediate understanding of insurance/ CRIS Certification preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong sense of team
- Passion for fast-paced environments
- Positive attitude